Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sailor Darkness - Senshi no Yami (Chapter 6)


Disclaimer *All the characters do not belong to me.*
Chapter 6


 “Mako-chan!”

Makoto turn around abruptly upon hearing her name. She smiles when she saw Kisho-senpai, a senior who works at the nearby Ruby Cake Shop. She had been eyeing this senpai since that fateful day when she walked into the shop to buy her baking ingredients. She had grabbed all her items and dumped them at the cashier, only to realise that she had forgotten her purse. Growing red all over her face, she mumbled an apology to the frowning lady and turn to go quickly, too quickly in fact. She was knocked off balance by a young man holding a large tray of cookies which, after being knocked were now flying all over the shop. Both Makoto and the young man fell to the ground.

“Ouchh.. that hurts..”

“Oh no….ouch! I’m so sorry.. I..” Makoto sits up quickly and kept mumbling apologies while massaging her back, which feels sore all over.

“Hehe.. It’s alright. I suppose I did not see where I’m walking to as well.. This tray of cookies had blocked my view” Makoto’s victim laugh while standing up brushing off the dust. “Come, let me help you up.”



Upon hearing the voice, Makoto looked up and melted instantly. Staring at her was a young man, immensely good-looking with blonde hair and shinning hazel eyes. She saw he had extended his hand to help her up and accepted it shyly. Blushing hard, she mumbled ‘Sorry’ again.

“Don’t worry about it. Are you hurt? Do you want me to grab you a chair? Or a tea?” he sounded worried as he noticed that Makoto had grew so red. He thought that she was hurt and in pain.

Makoto shook her head, a little too much as a ‘crack..’ sounded. She winced in pain as she grabbed her neck, blushing even harder. The young shopkeeper stared at her with big round eyes. All of sudden, he laughed. He laugh so hard that he had a stitch at his stomach and had to stop, trying to stop laughing was hard though. Makoto just stared at him and suddenly the laughter catches her and she laugh along.

When both had subsided, Makoto looked carefully at him. He is definitely cute. He’s so nice as well. I wonder if he has a girlfriend?

“So, my name is Uruki Kisho. I had just finished my high school and now working as part-timer here,” he introduced himself while extending a hand to Makoto.

Makoto smiled and grab his hand. “Um.. my name is Kino Makoto. So you went to the same high school? Can I call you Kisho-senpai then?”

Kisho had nodded and smile wider. “Nice to meet you, Mako-chan. You don’t mind me calling you Mako-chan?”

Makoto could have melted there. She shook her head and giggled a little. Eversince that day, Makoto had been a regular at that shop and both became friends fast. She make sure she had her purse with her every time.

Watching Kisho-senpai walking towards her, Makoto heart melts instantly and she tried to glance at the shop window to check her reflection.

“Senpai! What are you doing here?”

Kisho smiles and reply “I had just finished my errand for my mom. What are you doing then? I thought you should be having a revision session with you friends at this time?”

I couldn’t let him know about Usagi. What can I tell him? I really should continue my search, but I had not been seeing Kisho-senpai for two days. Makoto struggles inside her head. At last, she decided that Usagi needed her more now. “Senpai, I’m sorry I had to rush off now. There’s something very important I needed to do.” Giving Kisho an apologetic smile, she turns and rushes off the opposite direction. I know I’m doing the right thing. Usagi is in danger. I can’t be so selfish.

Kisho stared at Makoto blurring figure as she speed off. “Why did I get this unpleasant feeling?” He frowned.  

Makoto continue to search for something suspicious around the area. Suddenly, she heard her Whisperer ringing. It was Ami.

“Mako-chan, Luna just brought some news back.” Ami told her everything and Makoto frowns.

“How can that be? It’s so impossible..” Makoto stares absent-mindedly at the sky. It’s getting dark. Sun will set soon. “Anyway, I couldn’t seem to find anything here but I will continue to search. Keep me update will you?”

After Ami promised, Makoto continue to be alert but not knowing what she should be alert of is hard. Her mind suddenly drifted back to Kisho. I wonder what is he doing?

Suddenly a loud bang occurred behind her. She turned quickly and saw smokes coming out from behind the street. The street she had just left. The street where Kisho is. Makoto quickly run back to the street to find that it was in a chaotic state. The loud bang seem to come from a nearby dustbin, throwing everything nearby into the shops window, scaring everyone. However, no one was hurt although everyone was shouting loudly about the accidents. Makoto found Kisho opposite her and rush to him.

“Kisho-senpai! Are you alright?”

Kisho was shocked to see Makoto, who had flung herself at him, hugging him tightly. “Mako-chan.. Why are you here? I thought you had something important to do?”

Makoto released him and blushed. But before she had time to reply, another loud bang occurred next to them, throwing them about 3 feet away. Kisho had grabbed Makoto to avoid her being hurt by the flying pieces. They rolled on the ground together, Makoto well protected by Kisho.

Before any of them could say anything, another loud bang was heard again, this time opposite the road. Everyone started to flee the streets. Before long, the only people left around were Makoto and Kisho.

“Senpai.. are you alright? How can you used your body to protect me? Are you hurt?” Makoto said sitting up and frantically checking his hands and arms.

“Senpai?”

No answer.

Kisho had fainted.  

No comments: